Map Work of the first chapter ‘India-Size and Location’ of class 9 Geography is given here. The maps given here are based on the latest Map work syllabus by CBSE for Class 9. These maps would guide students to practise map filling work of the chapter ‘India-Size and Location’. Also, see the video for better understanding.
Map Work Class 9 Geography
CBSE Syllabus – Chapter -1: India-Size and Location
- India-States with Capitals
- Tropic of Cancer
- Standard Meridian
1. India-States with Capitals
3. Standard Merdian of India
4. Tropic Of Cancer
We are also giving here the names of states and their capitals. Students should learn the states and capitals by locating and labelling on a blank political map of India.
- There are a total of 28 states and 8 union territories in India at present.
- The erstwhile state of Jammu and Kashmir has been bifurcated into two Union Territories (UT) of J&K and Ladakh. The newly formed union territories have been formed under a reorganization act passed by the Parliament on 5-6 August 2020. At present India has 8 Union Territories.
26 States of India with their Capitals
8 Union territories of India
|Union Territories Name||Capital|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||Daman|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar (Summer)|