Grammar for Students of CBSE/ICSE & State Boards School Classes
Importance of English as a Language
English must be learnt in today’s world: In non-English countries, people seem to be virtually divided as to who knows English and who doesn’t. English speakers have a respectable edge in society and media. It is so because English is tagged as the international language of the people as well as the information media. For education, it is essential to learn English. In all famous universities, the major courses are taught in English so that more students can learn it. Most books around the world are written in English no matter where you are living. It’s the main language in sciences with so many books written in English.
English rules the internet also as most sites are in English. Even if it’s not in English there is an option for its translation. It’s a basic language of press media and newspapers. Many famous movies are in English. So, you need to learn English to have a greater and wider reach among people and to gain knowledge in the modern world of English.
English grammar is necessary for those who learn English as a second language. Grammar teaches us proper sentence structure and syntax. Different parts of speech and especially Tenses and prepositions must be learnt properly through grammar. English needs proper usage of words and phrases and a good vocabulary combined with grammar helps us there.
Students learn Grammar in their schools with the proper syllabi. They will find here different grammar topics and practice exercises to get a comprehensive hold of the grammar syllabus. More and more exercises are added with time and students are advised to keep visiting here for newer exercises and topics.
Students can also learn more about grammar and check their grammatical errors by using online grammar-checking tools like Grammar Check. These tools can be helpful for students since they provide correct solutions as well as explanations for errors
New Practice Questions are added from time to time so, keep coming here.
- Comprehension Passages
- Comprehension Practice Exercises
- Factual (Case-Based) Passages Exercises
- Discursive Passages Exercises
2. Writing Skill
- Analytical Paragraph Writing
- Analytical Paragraph Practice Questions
- Letter writing
- Article writing
- Story writing
- Story writing practice questions
4. Modals and their usage
6. Subject-Verb Concord
- Rules of Subject-Verb Agreement
- Rules of Subject-Verb Concord
- Subject-Verb Concord Practice Exercises
6. Reported Speech (Narration)
- Reported Speech: Rules and Conversions
- Reported Speech – Dialogue Reporting
- Assertive Sentences
- Interrogative Sentences
- Commands & Requests Sentences
- Exclamatory Sentences
- Miscellaneous Exercise in Reported Speech
9. Sentence Transformation
10. Miscellaneous Grammar Exercises
- Rearrange to form meaningful sentences
- Sentence Rearrangement Exercises
- Gap Filling:
- Editing: Error Correction
- Omission: Write the Missing Word
New Items are added from time to time so, keep coming here.