Class 10 Geography Chapter ‘Water Resources’ Map Work: The Class 10 Maps syllabus 2022-23 includes eight major dams to be located or identified on the map of India. The syllabus is given below and then the map of India will all the eight dams showing their possible precise locations.
Map Work Syllabus: Water Resources
The river and the states associated with the dams are also given here in brackets.
1. Salal (Chenab – Jammu & Kashmir)
2. Bhakra Nangal (Sutlej – Himachal Pradesh)
3. Tehri (Bhagirathi – Uttarakhand)
4. Rana Pratap Sagar (Chambal – Rajasthan)
5. Sardar Sarovar (Narmada – Gujrat)
6. Hirakud (Mahanadi – Orissa)
7. Nagarjuna Sagar (Krishna – Telangana & A.P.)
8. Tungabhadra (Tungabhadra – Karnataka)