Attempt the exercise given on ‘same words used as different parts of speech’ to evaluate your understanding of usage of words in a sentence. The answers are also given. The questions coopetition-oriented to help candidates preparing for exams.
To clear your doubts, feel free to contact us by e-mail or social network links.
Watch the video tutorial to understand the concept
I. Tell the Part of Speech of each of the words highlighted in colour
- Hang the painting above the mantlepiece.
- From above the sun rained fire.
- you can meet me at the above address.
- The instruction has come from above.
- It is a gift from above.
- Preposition – describing the position of the noun ‘painting’
- Adverb – action of the sun
- Adjective – describing the noun ‘address’
- Noun – here ‘above’ refers to any higher authority
- Noun – here, ‘above’ refers to the heaven.
New questions will be posted soon ( नए प्रश्न जल्द ही पोस्ट किए जाएंगे)