Class 9 Chapter Climate: get here ‘Very Short Answer’ type extra one-mark questions. These questions will help revise the chapter as well as assess the level of preparation ang understanding of the chapter. The questions are spread over a few pages, so click on the page numbers to get at other questions.
Click here for more such class 9 geography study materials
1. Differentiate between weather and climate.
2. What are the elements of weather and climate?
3. Define monsoon.
4. What is the climate of India majorly described as?
5. Which place has the lowest ever recorded temperature in India?
6. Which regions do not receive adequate amount of rainfall because of being in a rain shadow area?
7. Thiruvananthapuram has equable climate. Why?
8. Describe the variation of temperature in India with an example.
|the state of the atmosphere over an area at any point of time.||the sum total of weather conditions and variations over a large area for a long period of time (more than thirty years).|
2. Temperature, atmospheric pressure, wind, humidity and precipitation.
3. The word monsoon is derived from the Arabic word ‘mausim’ which literally means season. ‘Monsoon’ refers to the seasonal reversal in the wind direction during a year.
4. It is described as monsoon type.
5. Drass in Jammu and Kashmir
6. Ladakh, Interior parts of Deccan plateau
7. Thiruvananthapuram has an equable climate because it is near to the sea which has a moderating influence on the nearby areas.
8. It some parts of India, the highest temperature is 50°C and it is around –45°C at Drass in Jammu and Kashmir.