Climate Class 9 Geography One Mark Short Questions
1. Where is monsoon experienced mainly?
2. What is Inter Tropical Convergence zone?
3. What is a broad trough of low pressure in equatorial latitudes called?
4. What is meant by El Nino?
5. What is meant by burst of monsoon?
6. Name the two branches of monsoons.
7. Where does the ITCZ shifts during summer and why?
1. Monsoon are experienced mainly in 20°N to 20°S latitude.
2. The Inter Tropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ,) is a broad trough of low pressure in equatorial latitudes. This is where the northeast and the southeast trade winds converge.
3. Inter tropical convergence zone.
4. ‘El Nino’ is a Spanish word meaning ‘the child’ and refers to the baby Christ.
5. Around the time of its arrival, the normal rainfall increases suddenly and continues constantly for several days. This is known as the ‘burst’ of the monsoon.
6. The Arabian Sea Branch and the Bay of Bengal Branch.
7. The ITCZ shifts over the Ganga plain during the summer season. (This is the equatorial trough normally positioned about 5°N of the equator, also known as the monsoon trough during the monsoon season). It happens due to the apparent northward movement of the sun.